The original version of vAtari for the GP32 was entered into the PACC 2010 contest. It didn't win but it did provide excellent motivation to get most of the work on it done.
Since then, this version has many fixes and enhancements including more accurate graphics and sound and higher compatibility.
My two favourite Atari 2600 games: H.E.R.O
..and River Raid
The GP32 version has a frontend: select a game and press either 'A', 'B' or 'Select' to start the game. The button you press to start determines the GP32's CPU clock rate.
In both cases, the Atari 2600 ROMs should be uncompressed and have the .A26 suffix.
* Joystick provides movement for either joystick or paddle.
* 'A' Button is the fire button.
* 'B' Button is the fire buttons on the "other" controller.
* 'START' Atari Reset.
* 'SELECT' Atari Select.
* Games the require two joysticks, hold 'B' button to use second joystick
* Games the require two joysticks, 'L Shoulder' is the other fire button
* 'Power Slider' to switch off.
* Hold 'L + R Shoulder' back to O/S.
* 'L Shoulder' decrease volume.
* 'R Shoulder' increase volume.
* 'Y' toggles Player 1 difficulty.
* 'X' toggles Player 2 difficulty.
* 'SELECT + START' back to frontend.
* 'L + R' Information screen
* 'L Shoulder' toggles Player 1 difficulty.
* 'R Shoulder' toggles Player 2 difficulty.